How to keep salad greens fresh longer outside of refrigerator, save on electricity bill, and cut down carbon footprint all at the same time:
1. Cut thin slice off bottom of head of celery, lettuce, etc.
2. Find a dish the right size to hold greens upright.
3. Place greens upright in dish.
4. Add water to cover the bottom by about 1″.
5. Check water level and recut new sliver if needed.
I think of greens as like fresh cut flowers and treat them the same way.
Btw, I eat fruit, veggies, nuts/seeds, grains and legumes that all do not require refrigeration so I only use a small dorm style refrigerator. This is one of the many ways I stay healthy, save money, and lower my carbon footprint.
Here are photos of fresh Boston lettuce.
Please excuse any offensive ads below on my free blog from WordPress. You can delete your cookies which may help. I’m not sure. The ads don’t show for me because I’m admin. Thank you.